For those days when we’re feeling less than completely enthused about what we see in the mirror (few and far between, surely), Betterist and life coach Tanisha Hall has some excellent (straight-up) advice for getting yourself out of the slump.
We’ve all been there. Days when you wish you didn’t have to get out of bed because you’re “just not feeling it.” I had one of those days recently, and to add insult to injury I turned on the Channel 4 morning news and was emotionally assaulted by a morning weather girl whose perky perfectness made me immediately turn the channel in disgust to the Food Network so I could be soothed by gorgeously robust Paula Dean.
In honor of these oh-so-wonderful days, I’ve come up with a few tips to get through and come out unscathed:
1. This is probably not the best day to hit the club with your super model bff.
If you wake up feeling 5 lbs heavier or with a huge pimple on your forehead, no matter how much you love someone, reality is reality. Don’t put yourself in a situation that will further encourage your low feelings. Instead of hitting the club, opt for a movie night of funny flicks and salad. This way you still get to enjoy the company of your best gal pal without putting yourself in an environment that may turn one low self-esteem day into a low self-esteem week.
2. Put a little more effort into your appearance. When you wake up feeling like ______, this is the best day to wear those jeans that get you compliments every time or put an extra dab of gel in your ‘do. When you look better, you feel better. When you feel better, you look better. Lovely cycle it is.
3. If you’ve ever thought about volunteering somewhere, a low self-esteem day is the absolute perfect day to do so. Giving back to others feeds your spirit. Also, the people you’re helping will more than likely pour their gratitude into your life and help pull you out of the dumps.
4. Read! Transport yourself into another dimension through your mind rather than your eyes. Whether it’s reading the latest NY Times bestseller or the daily Proverb, reading helps increase your smartness quotient (yes, I said smartness quotient lol).
5. If all else fails, go back to bed. JUUUUUST KIDDING! Don’t go back to bed!!! When you’re having a low self-esteem day the worst thing you can do is give in to it. No matter how terrible you may feel for whatever reason, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and begin again the work of remaking….. YOU!!!!!
“Live every day at YOUR Personal 10! “
Personal 10 is a personal development company founded by entertainment industry veteran and “style diva” Tanisha Hall. Through Personal 10 Tanisha offers a novel approach to personal development by combining the typically individualized areas of life coaching and image consulting. What makes Personal 10 unique is it is individually catered to help you achieve what you consider to be a “10″; YOUR Personal 10! For more information, visit www.YourPersonal10.com.